☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 lbany cooking /baking apple
1/4 ca.p. flour
1 tspor use apple pie spice
How to Make Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- Wash, peel and core and slice (into thin slices)apples.
- Combine all ingredients into sauce pan,stir well, and let stand until juicy. To keep apples from turning dark, stir in 2 Tbsp. lemon juice.
- Cook over Medium heat, covered until begins to thicken, then stir to keep from sticking until thick enough it doesn't run off spoon,
- Save enough to use immediately for fried pies or Apple Enchiladas if desired. To FREEZE: Ladle into sterilized pint jars or plastic freezer containers, leaving 1/2" head space in jars. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hrs..no more. Seal and freeze.
- This makes a good pie with/without crusts for Crisps as well as fried pies.