Helen's Quick Apple Crisp
- 1 box
- pillsbury (or other brand) pie dough (you'll need two pie dough crusts, for top and bottom)
- 2 can(s)
- apple pie filling (or one large)
- egg white, beaten 'til stiff
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Helen's Quick Apple Crisp
- 1Lay one unbaked pie crust onto a round pizza pan. Pour apple pie filling onto dough. You can add a little cinnamon sugar and nutmeg if the pie filling doesn't have enough for you.
- 2Put other pie dough crust on top and crimp edges all the way around to seal in pie filling. Prick top crust with a fork.
- 3Beat one egg white until stiff and spread onto top pie crust. Sprinkle egg white with some more cinnamon sugar. Bake at 350 - 375 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes, until bottom crust is baked and top crust is golden brown.
- 4Add 1 tsp. of vanilla and a little hot water to 1 cup of powdered sugar until it is thin enough to drizzle on top of the apple crisp. Enjoy!