Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1 box
- refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3 pt
- (6 cups) fresh strawberries
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- drops red food color, if desired
- 1 c
- sweetened whipped cream
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 1Heat oven to 450. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell, using 9 inch glass pie plate. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in small bowl, crush enough strawberries to make 1 cup. In 2 quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in crushed strawberries and water. Cook, Stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. If desired, stir in food color. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 3Place remaining strawberries, whole or sliced, in cooled baked shell. Pour cooked strawberry mixture evenly over berries. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours, before serving
- 4Just before serving , top with sweetened whipped cream cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.