Fresh Peach Pie
- 6 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- unbaked pastry for 2 crust pie
How to Make Fresh Peach Pie
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Prepare pastry.
- 3In a medium bowl, add the peaches and mix with the sugar. Stir in the cornstarch and cinnamon with the peaches and mix to combine.
- 4Turn peach mixture into a unbaked pastry-lined pie pan. Sprinkle lemon juice and vanilla over mixture; dot with butter.
- 5Cover with top crust; seal and flute. Cut slits in crust.
- 6Bake pie for approximately 45-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.