Fresh Peach Pie
·6 cups sliced fresh peaches
·1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
·¾ cup sugar
·1/3 cup cornstarch
·¼ teaspoon cinnamon
·2 tablespoons butter
·½ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
·unbaked pastry for 2 crust pie
How to Make Fresh Peach Pie
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pastry.
- In a medium bowl, add the peaches and mix with the sugar. Stir in the cornstarch and cinnamon with the peaches and mix to combine.
- Turn peach mixture into a unbaked pastry-lined pie pan. Sprinkle lemon juice and vanilla over mixture; dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust; seal and flute. Cut slits in crust.
- Bake pie for approximately 45-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.