Famous Woolworth Ice Box Cheesecake
1(3 ounce) package lemon jell-o
1 cboiling water
8 ozcream cheese
1 cgranulated sugar
4 Tbsplemon juice ( less if you don't want to much lemon)
1 can(s)carnation evaporated milk, well chilled
·graham crackers, crushed
How to Make Famous Woolworth Ice Box Cheesecake
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water. Cool until slightly thickened.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with mixer until smooth. Add thickened Jell-O and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the Carnation milk until fluffy. Add cream cheese/Jell-O mixture and beat well with mixer.
- Line bottom of 9 x 13-pan with crushed Graham crackers.
- Spread filling over and top with more crushed Graham crackers. Chill.