Dusty's Cherry Crumble (mum's recipe)
You can use ANY fruit filling for this recipe, as I have made it using apple, strawberry and peach fillings as well. It really is an outstanding versatile recipe.
1- 2 can(s)cherry pie filling (or your favorite fruit filling)
1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 coatmeal, uncooked
1/4 clight brown sugar, lightly packed
1/4 tspcinnamon, ground
1 pinchkosher salt
2-3 Tbspbutter, unsalted
1/2 calmonds chopped or your favorite nut i prefer pecans(optional)
How to Make Dusty's Cherry Crumble (mum's recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Using a medium sized oven proof bowl or casserole dish empty your pie filling into the bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, add oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pecans.
Give the dried ingredients a good stir to get them mixed well.
Add your softened butter, mixing everything well.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture onto the top of your fruit filling in the bowl evenly.
Place in oven at 325 degrees and bake for approximately 45 minutes to an hour or until fruit is bubbling up around edges and the crumble topping is a golden brown.
- CHEF NOTE: You will want to keep an eye on this as you will NOT want the crumble topping to over cook.
This recipe can also be made using fresh fruit. Please see the following recipe for using fresh fruit: Cherry Crumble (using fresh fruit)