Coconut Custard Pie
Photo adapted from Allrecipes.
- ( 9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1 c
- flaked coconut
- 1 can(s)
- (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make Coconut Custard Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Toast lightly 1/2 cup coconut; set aside.
- 2Bake pie shell 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs.
Add condensed milk, water, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; mix well.
- 4Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- 5Pour into prepared pie shell.
- 6Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- 7Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees; continue baking 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 8Cool. Chill, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.