Coconut Custard Pie
Photo adapted from Allrecipes.
How to Make Coconut Custard Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Toast lightly 1/2 cup coconut; set aside.
- Bake pie shell 8 minutes; cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs.
Add condensed milk, water, vanilla, salt and nutmeg; mix well.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees; continue baking 25-30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool. Chill, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.