Cinnamon-nutmeg Pecan Pie
The prep time includes the time the dough spends chilling and coming back to room temp.
- 10 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 c
- large egg
- 1 3/4 c
- unbleached white flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- corn syrup, dark
- 6 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- large eggs
- 1 tsp
- 1 pinch
- 1 1/2 c
- coarsest chopped pecans
How to Make Cinnamon-nutmeg Pecan Pie
- 1For dough: with a mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale (3 to 4 minutes).
- 2Beat in egg until just combined.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder, the gradually add to butter/sugar mixture until combined. The dough will look rough, not smooth. Press into a disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
- 4Remove dough from fridge and let stand at room temp for 30 minutes. Then roll into a13" circle and place in a 9" pie dish, trimming the overhanging dough to 3/4" all around.
- 5Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 6For filling: in large bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients except pecans.
- 7Place pecans in pie dish and por filling over top; very gently stir.
- 8Bake 90 minutes or until edges are firm and center seem set (but still a little bit quivery when pan is nudged).