Cinnamon-nutmeg Pecan Pie
The prep time includes the time the dough spends chilling and coming back to room temp.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
10 Tbspunsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 cunbleached white flour
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 ccorn syrup, dark
6 Tbspunsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 ccoarsest chopped pecans
How to Make Cinnamon-nutmeg Pecan Pie
- For dough: with a mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale (3 to 4 minutes).
- Beat in egg until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder, the gradually add to butter/sugar mixture until combined. The dough will look rough, not smooth. Press into a disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
- Remove dough from fridge and let stand at room temp for 30 minutes. Then roll into a13" circle and place in a 9" pie dish, trimming the overhanging dough to 3/4" all around.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- For filling: in large bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients except pecans.
- Place pecans in pie dish and por filling over top; very gently stir.
- Bake 90 minutes or until edges are firm and center seem set (but still a little bit quivery when pan is nudged).