Chocolate Pie with Raspberry Short Bread Crust
- 1 1/2 -2 c
- crumbled finely, short breads cookies
- 3-4 Tbsp
- raspberry preserves
- 1-2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 3/4 c
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- (1oz) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped finely
- egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Pie with Raspberry Short Bread Crust
- 1In a bowl combine short bread crumbs,and raspberry preserves 1 tablespoon at a time until it forms a dough like mass. Add 1-2 tablespoons of butter and mix. Press into a 9 inch pie plate. Refigerate until ready to use.
- 2In a 2 quart sauce pan, combine sugar, flour, milk and chopped up chocolate.
Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble.
Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- 3Mix a little hot mixture into the egg yolks, beating rapidly to avoid cooking the yokes.
Stir into the chocolate mixture and cook for additional 90 seconds.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
Pour into the pie crust and chill until set.