- whole pie crust, baked and cooled (or can use oreo or graham cracker crust)
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 c
- whole milk
- whole egg yolks
- 6 1/2 oz
- weight bittersweet chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- whipped cream, for serving
How to Make Chocolate Pie
- 1Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir or whisk together.
- 2Pour in milk and egg yolks, and whisk together.
- 3Stir over medium heat until the mixture just barely comes to a boil and becomes thick, about 6-8 minutes (maybe less, maybe more; just watch it!) The second it starts to bubble and thicken (note: It should be thick like pudding!) remove it from the heat. Add the chocolate, vanilla, and butter, and stir until everything is beautifully combined.
- 4Pour the pudding into the pie crust (if there is extra, spoon it into small dishes) and place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours uncovered.
- 5Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream!