Chocolate Pecan Pie
The phone number is: 828-255-4404
Source: Tupelo Honey Café recipe site: tupelohoneycafe.com/chocolate-pecan-...
FOR THE CRUST
2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 tspsea salt
1 ccold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cice water
FOR THE PIE
3/4 clight corn syrup
1/8 tspsea salt
3 largeeggs, room temperature
1 tsppure vanilla extract
3 Tbsptupelo honey
1/2 cunsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cpecan pieces
1/2 csemisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie
In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds.
- Add the ice water in a slow stream, pulsing the mixture no more than 30 seconds until a ball begins to form.
- Remove the dough from the processor and divide into two pieces.
- Wrap each piece in plastic rap and flatten with the palm of the hand.
- Refrigerate ate for at least 1 hour. You will use one crust and you can freeze the other for later use.
Roll out 1 (11-inch) pie crust, lay it in a 10-inch pie pan, and crimp the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn syrup, sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla and honey, mixing well.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Top with the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake the pie, rotating halfway through cooking, for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the crust is brown and the pie filling bubbly.
- Serve this pie warm with vanilla ice ream or sweetened whip cream.