Chocolate Chess Pie with Variations
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspvanilla extract
1 Tbspself rising flour
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 stickbutter or margarine
1regular 9" pie shell
How to Make Chocolate Chess Pie with Variations
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- Place Regular Frozen 9" Pie Shell on cookie sheet (Note Pie Shell Does Not need to be thawed prior to baking)
- In Small Microwavable Bowl combine 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, and 1/2 stick of butter. Microwave on Manuel Defrost or Lowest Microwave Setting until melted Approx. 1-3mins. (Work on step 4 while melting these ingredients). Stir and combine into ingredients in step 4 when melted.
- In Medium Size Bowl combine the sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, and flour, and mix with an electric mixer speed until blended. About 1 minute.
- Pour melted Ingredients from Small Bowl in Step 3 with Blended ingredients in Large Bowl from Step 4, and mix with mixer until combined. About 1 minute.
- Pour All combined Ingredients Into a Regular 9" Pie Shell, and Bake at 350 Degrees 45 minutes or until pie filling has a non shiny, hard, shell like appearance to it, and pie shell is a Medium Golden Brown. Cool completely Slice, and Serve with Whipped Topping on top.
Note: (Do Not Overcook remove from oven when pie shell is a Medium Golden Brown. Filling Will Thicken More While Cooling).
1)BUTTERSCOTCH:-Omit the 1/2 cup of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, and Substitute 1/2 cup of Semisweet Butterscotch Chips Instead. (Melt Butterscotch Chips with 1/2 stick of Butter). Add both to step 4 ingredients.
2)PEANUT BUTTER: Omit 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, and Substitute 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Instead-(Peanut Butter does Not need to be melted in microwave (Melt 1/2 stick of Butter only, and then add both to Step 4 Ingredients).
3)REESE'S CUP: Add 1/4th cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips, and 1/4th cup Peanut Butter. Melt Chocolate Chips, with 1/2 stick Butter as per step 3. Do Not melt the Peanut Butter then add all 3 to step 4 ingredients.