Chinese Custard Tarts
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 6 1/2 oz
- 5 Tbsp
- hot water
- 1/3 c
- 1 1/2 c
- few drops yellow food coloring
How to Make Chinese Custard Tarts
- 1To make the pastry sift flour & salt into bowl. Rub lard into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- 2Mix in hot water to form a firm dough. Knead lightly on lightly floured surface.
- 3Roll out to 1/8in thickness. Cut out with an 3in fluted cutter. Put into greased patty tins.
- 4Beat together eggs & sugar. Gradually add milk. Mix in food coloring. Mix well. Pour carefully into prepared pastry cases. Bake in hot (425F-450F) oven for 10 minutes, reduce heat to moderately hot (400F), cook further 10 - 15 minutes, until set.