How to Make Caramel Pie
- 1Place whole can of evaporated milk (peel off label) in a deep pot to boil. Cover with plenty of water, making sure the entire can is covered. Yes we are boiling a metal can. And no it will not explode if you follow the directions carefully. lol
- 2Leave can on end for 40 minutes. The water will be boiling take tongs and FLIP the can to the other end and boil for another 35 mins.
- 3Promptly remove the can from water with tongs and put in cold water. Letting it sit and cool for about 30 mins or so.
- 4Open the can carefully and scoop contents into pie crust.
- 5Chill for at least 4 hours.
- 6Just before serving the pie add cool whip to the top and you can even add your favorite crushed candy bar to the top for added decoration and flavor.