Butternut Squash Pie
·pastry for single pie crust
1 1/4 csugar
4 1/2 tspcornstarch
1 1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground cloves
1/4 tspground ginger
1/2 cbutter, softened
3 cmashed, cooked, butternut squash
·whipped cream (optional)
How to Make Butternut Squash Pie
- line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Trim and flute edges if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, spices, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla on low speed of electric mixer.
- Beat in squash until smooth.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
- Cool pie for 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with Whipped cream if desired.