Butternut Apple Crisp
3/4 cpacked brown sugar, divided
1 tspground cinnamon
2 lbbutternut squash - peeled, seeded, and sliced like the thickness of apple slices
1 can(s)of light apple pie filling
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 call-purpose flour
1/2 cquick-cooking oats
6 Tbspcold butter or margarine
How to Make Butternut Apple Crisp
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, the cinnamon and salt
- Add squash, pie filling and lemon juice
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and remaining brown sugar
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over baked squash mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and squash is tender.