Buttermilk Orange Custard Pie
- 9 inch single plain pastry shell, unbaked
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- self rising flour
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed orange juice
How to Make Buttermilk Orange Custard Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 325. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 2Add flour, stirring to blend well. Slowly beat in eggs on low speed until combined. Gradually add buttermilk, zest, and juice, mixing thoroughly.
- 3Spread evenly into shell. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until firm. Remove from oven; cool to room temperature on a wire rack before serving.