3 Tbspquick-cooking tapioca
3 cpeeled, sliced apples
2 cfresh blueberries
1 Tbsplemon juice
CREAM CHEESE PASTRY
6 Tbspbutter, softned
1 pkgcream cheese, ( 3 oz.) softned
How to Make BlueBerry-Apple Deep-Dish Pie
- prepare Cream Cheese Pastry; In a medium-sized bowl using a mixer or food processor, mix butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add flour mix until blended well.
With your hands, shape into a flattened ball; wrap airtight and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until next day.
- PIE FILLING: In a shallow 2-quart casserole dish, stir together sugar and tapioca. Gently mix in apples, blueberries, and lemon juice.
- On a floured board, roll out pastry slightly larger than pie; place pastry on top of fruit mixture. Fold pastry under, flush with casserole rim; flute edge against rim.
Cut a few slits in top and brush pastry with milk.
- Bake at 400 until crust is nice and brown. About 40 minutes.
Serve warm or cool.