- 2/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 c
- peeled, sliced apples
- 2 c
- fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, softned
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, ( 3 oz.) softned
- 3/4 c
CREAM CHEESE PASTRY
How to Make BlueBerry-Apple Deep-Dish Pie
- 1prepare Cream Cheese Pastry; In a medium-sized bowl using a mixer or food processor, mix butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- 2Add flour mix until blended well.
With your hands, shape into a flattened ball; wrap airtight and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until next day.
- 3PIE FILLING: In a shallow 2-quart casserole dish, stir together sugar and tapioca. Gently mix in apples, blueberries, and lemon juice.
- 4On a floured board, roll out pastry slightly larger than pie; place pastry on top of fruit mixture. Fold pastry under, flush with casserole rim; flute edge against rim.
Cut a few slits in top and brush pastry with milk.
- 5Bake at 400 until crust is nice and brown. About 40 minutes.
Serve warm or cool.