☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cself rising flour, sifted
1 tsplemon juice
How to Make Blackberry Cobbler
- In a bowl cut half of the shortening into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Cut in the remaining shortening until the particles resemble large peas.
- Sprinkle with water and stir with a fork.
- Shape into a ball and wrap in waxed paper.
- Let the dough rest.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of sugar for the topping and combine the remaining sugar and cornstarch thoroughly.
- Add the fruit and lemon juice.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out in sections to fit a 2-quart dish, lining the bottom and sides.
- Pour the blackberries into the pastry lined dish.
- Dot with butter, reserving 2 tablespoons for the top.
- Bring the pastry over the fruit and dot with the remaining sugar and butter.
- Bake at 375F for 55 minutes.