Black Walnut Pie My Way
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- black walnuts, minced or chopped fine
- zest of one large orange
- 3/4 c
- dry buttermilk, reconstituted with orange juice instead of water
- 1 stick
How to Make Black Walnut Pie My Way
- 1Have on hand two 8 inch pie crusts, unbaked. Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar. Add flour and stir in eggs, one at a time.
- 3Add the walnuts, zest and reconstituted buttermilk and mix well.
- 4Pour into pie crusts and bake for 15 minutes at 375 then decrease to 350 for the remaining time. Watch the edges for over-browning and cover them with foil if needed. Bake until middle is no longer jiggly, about one hour total.