Banana Custard Pie
Serve with whipped topping... and if you want to wow your family and guests drizzle with caramel topping and a sprinkle of chopped pecans. Enjoy!
- 5 medium
- bananas, slightly mashed
- 3 large
- 2/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 12 oz
- can evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla or banana extract
- 1/4 tsp
- deep dish unbaked pie shell
How to Make Banana Custard Pie
- 1Heat oven to 400^.
In a large mixer bowl combine the sugars and bananas, mix slightly on low; leave some small lumps of banana.
- 2Add eggs, nutmeg, and extract, mix in.
Slowly add milk while mixer is running, blend well.
Place pie shell on cookie sheet with sides for easier handling.
- 3Pour filling into pie shell. Sprinkle a little nutmeg or cinnamon/sugar on top. Bake for 10 minutes; then turn heat down to 350^ and bake for 35 minutes. Check for doneness, insert knife off-center; if it comes out clean with no custard filling clinging to it the pie is done.
- 4Remove pie from oven and cool on wire rack until cool; then refrigerate, covered until ready to serve chill to store, covered too.
Note: If you have extra filling spray an oven safe bowl and bake with the pie...a free sample, if you like...