Apple Rose Tart
That's what my apple rose tart means to me.
It was my mom's 50th birthday, but I forgot to buy roses, and I had no car.
I had some apples in the backyard though.
8 ozcream cheese
1/2 csour cream
2 Tbsplemon juice
1/8 clemon juice
4 Tbsprose water
How to Make Apple Rose Tart
- Preparing the Crust:
1. In a food processor, crush hazelnuts to a fine ground and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, sugar, salt, and melted butter in a bowl until a dough is formed.
3. In a 9" tart pan, press dough evenly around pan, roughly 1/4" in thick and poke several holes in the bottom with a fork to prevent rising.
4. Place tart pan with crust inside the oven for 15 minutes until crust becomes golden brown (blind baking).
5. Remove when slightly firm and cool.
- Preparing the Roses
1. Thinly slice apples with a mandolin or knife, the thinner the better.
2. Put all slices into a large microwaveable bowl, and mix in water, sugar, lemon juice until sugar is dissolved.
3. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, until apple slices are pliable.
4. Roll 6 thin slices into 6 small rolls. These will serve as the center for the roses.
5. Arrange each roll around the tart, pressing them into the now cooled, slightly firm custard. The custard will hold the apples in place.
6. One at a time, arrange apple slices around the center of one rose until the rose is big enough.
7. Repeat process with remaining 5 roses, making sure that each rose is similar in size.
8. After all 6 roses are complete, fill in remaining gaps between the 6 roses with small rolls of apples. These are the "buds" or the "small roses".
9. Chill tart for 1 hour, and bring your tart out to show the entire world.