- double pie crust (used Fool-Proof Pie Crust)
- 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- applesauce, chunky
- 3 1/2 c
- peeled, sliced apples (4 large or 6 small)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 scant Tbsp
- 1 scant Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1/4 tsp
- cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1 dash(es)
- 1 tsp
- butter or margarine
- milk, sugar for topping
How to Make Apple Pie
- 1Mix applesauce, sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- 2Slice apples and stir into sugar mix as you go to keep them from browning.
- 3Stir in flour, corn starch, cinnamon and salt.
- 4Turn into pie crust and dot with butter.
- 5Top with crust and pinch edges.
- 6Brush top with thin coating of milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cut slits.
- 7Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 55 - 60 more minutes, until brown.