1double pie crust (used Fool-Proof Pie Crust)
3/4 capplesauce, chunky
3 1/2 cpeeled, sliced apples (4 large or 6 small)
1 Tbsplemon juice
2 scant Tbspflour
1 scant Tbspcorn starch
1/4 tspcinnamon (or more to taste)
1 tspbutter or margarine
·milk, sugar for topping
How to Make Apple Pie
- Mix applesauce, sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Slice apples and stir into sugar mix as you go to keep them from browning.
- Stir in flour, corn starch, cinnamon and salt.
- Turn into pie crust and dot with butter.
- Top with crust and pinch edges.
- Brush top with thin coating of milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cut slits.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 55 - 60 more minutes, until brown.