☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·¾ cup granulated sugar
·1/3 cup cornstarch
·½ teaspoon cinnamon
·dash of nutmeg
·5-6 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
·2 tablespoons butter
·pastry for 2-crust pie, unbaked
How to Make Apple Pie
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the apples and sugar; mixing to coat.
- Add the cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the apple-sugar mixture; stir to mix well.
- Turn the apple mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Dot with the 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Cover apple mixture with top crust. Seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in top of crust. Cover edges with foil to prevent over browning. Remove foil last 10-15 minutes of baking.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool pie before cutting.