- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 5-6 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pastry for 2-crust pie, unbaked
How to Make Apple Pie
- 1Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, stir together the apples and sugar; mixing to coat.
- 3Add the cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the apple-sugar mixture; stir to mix well.
- 4Turn the apple mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Dot with the 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- 5Cover apple mixture with top crust. Seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in top of crust. Cover edges with foil to prevent over browning. Remove foil last 10-15 minutes of baking.
- 6Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool pie before cutting.