Almond Joy Pie
So with 1 empty pie shell I thought coconut custard pie(my favorite) then chocalate coconut pie or the almond joy pie. The recipes I found did not measure up to want I wanted. So I made my own.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cmilk
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 1/`2 cflaked coconut
1 ozmelted semi sweetchocolate
1/2 tspcocnut extract
4 ozalmond slices
1/4 cflaked coconut
1/2 cchocolate sauce for topping
1deep dish pie shell
OR ALTERNATE CRUST
2 coreo crumbs
4 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Almond Joy Pie
- Add melted butter to oreo crumbs and mix until combined.
- Press oreo mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan, then set aside.
- Whisk the cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk together in a small bowl. Set aside
- Add remaining milk, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, flaked coconut, vanilla and coconut extract to a pan and whisk over medium heat until well combined and warm.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the coconut mixture
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. It will begin to thicken
- Once boiling, stir continuously for about 2 minutes, until fully thickened.
- If using store bought pie shell skip steps 1 and 2
- Pour mixture into crust, then refrigerate until firm. Approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Once pie is firm, drizzle with chocolate sauce, then sprinkle additional coconut flakes on top.
- Pipe whipped cream around the edges of the pie, the sprinkle sliced almonds over pie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.