All-American Apple PIe
Rev BJ Friley
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cpacked light brown sugar
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspgrated lemon peel
1/4 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground nutmeg
6 mediumbaking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 2 pounds)
1 cdark raisins
1unbaked, ready-made 9-inch piecrust
FOR THE GLAZE (OPTIONAL)
1 largeegg, beaten (optional)
1 tspgranulated sugar (optional)
How to Make All-American Apple PIe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with vegetable non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix well.
- Add apples to sugar mixture; stir until coated.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon into prepared plate.
- Place piecrust on top of filling.
- Trim edges, pressing against edge of pan.
- Using a sharp knife, cut steam vents in piecrust.
- To glaze, lightly brush piecrust with beaten egg then sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until piecrust is golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack and cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.