White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cchocolate cookie crumbs or 20 crumbled oreo cookies (filling removed)
1/3 cbutter, melted
1/2 cseedless raspberry preserves
4 pkg(8 oz.) cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 csour cream (room temperature)
5eggs (room temperature)
4 ozwhite chocolate, chopped into chunks
2 ozshaved white cocolate (optional)
How to Make White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake
- Place a large pan filled with about 1/2 inch of water into the oven while it preheats.
This will be your water bath.
- Combine the raspberry preserves with 1/4 cup water in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
Heat for 1 1/2 minutes on high in your microwave.
Stir until smooth.
Allow preserves to cool, then put the bowl in the refrigerator until later.
- Measure 1 1/2 chocolate cookie crumbs or (crush 20 Oreo cookies- with the filling scraped out- in a resealable plastic bag) into a medium bowl.
Mix in 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 9 inch spring form pan that has been lined on the bottom and side with parchment paper.
- Use the bottom of a drinking glass to press the crumb mixture flat into the bottom of the pan and about 2/3 rds the way up the side.
- Wrap a large piece of foil around the bottom of the pan to keep the cheesecake in the water bath and prevent it from leaking.
Put the crust in the freezer until the filling is done.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the softened cream cheese with the sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
Mix on the lowest setting for a couple of minutes or until the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
You don't want to beat too much air into the mixture, or it will fall and be grainy.
- Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl and then add them to the cream cheese mixture.
Blend the mixture just enough to integrate the eggs.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and sprinkle 4 ounces of white chocolate chunks onto the bottom of the crust.
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling into the crust.
Drizzle the raspberry preserves over the entire surface of the filling.
Use a butter knife to swirl the raspberry into the cream cheese.
Just a couple passes is fine, you don't want to blend the raspberry and cream cheese together too much.
- Pour the other half of the filling into the crust.
Carefully place the cheesecake into the water bath in the oven.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 12 minutes, then turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top of the cheesecake turns a light brown.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven to cool on a cooling rack.
- When the cheesecake is completely cool, cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to sit overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle the entire top surface of cheesecake with 2 ounces of shaved white chocolate.