White Chocolate Cheesecake
1 1/2 cchocolate wafers, crumbs
3 Tbspmelted butter
4 pkg(8 ounce each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cplus 2 tbsps. sugar
4eggs, lightly beaten
2egg yolks, lightly beaten
8 ozwhite baking chocolate, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cchopped fresh strawberries
How to Make White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Crust: Combine crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cake: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beat on low speed after each addition. Stir in white chocolate.
Pour over crust.
Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set.
Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth.
Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
Remove from the heat.
- Spread strawberry sauce over top of cheesecake.
- Variation: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake
Stir in i jar (3 1/2 oz.) macadamia nuts, chopped (about 3/4 cup) into batter.