Stupid Simple Crock Pot Chocolate-Cherry Cake
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- cool whip whipped topping thawed or vanilla ice cream (optional)
How to Make Stupid Simple Crock Pot Chocolate-Cherry Cake
- 1Melt the butter with reserved pineapple juice, over medium heat; set aside.
- 2Spread the drained, crushed pineapple on the bottom of crock pot. Spoon the cherry pie filling in an even layer on top of the pineapple.
- 3Empty the dry cake mix on top of the cherry pie filling. Stir the butter and pineapple juice mixture, and pour it over the dry cake mix.
- 4Set cover in place and set the slow cooker to Low, and cook for 3 hours.
- 5Spoon into bowls, and let cool 5 - 10 minutes, then dollop with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream