1 1/4 csifted all purpose flour
2 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
1/3 cbutter or margarine
3/4 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspvanilla extract
3snicker peanut munch bars (or just snicker bars) chopped (or 10 fun size bars)
How to Make Southern Peanut Bars
- Combine 1 cup flour and confectioners sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender uneil mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Sprinkle mixture on bottom of 9x9x2-inch baking pan; pat down firmly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until golden. Lower heat to 325 degrees F.
- Beat eggs, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup of flour, baking powder and vanilla in bowl. Stir in bars.
Pour mixture over bottom layer.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until brown.
Cool in pan on wire rack, then cut into bars.
Garnish with colored coconut, if you wish.