- 1 1/4 c
- sifted all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 c
- butter or margarine
- 3/4 c
- firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- snicker peanut munch bars (or just snicker bars) chopped (or 10 fun size bars)
How to Make Southern Peanut Bars
- 1Combine 1 cup flour and confectioners sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender uneil mixture resembles cornmeal.
- 2Sprinkle mixture on bottom of 9x9x2-inch baking pan; pat down firmly.
- 3Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until golden. Lower heat to 325 degrees F.
- 4Beat eggs, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup of flour, baking powder and vanilla in bowl. Stir in bars.
Pour mixture over bottom layer.
- 5Bake 20 minutes, or until brown.
Cool in pan on wire rack, then cut into bars.
Garnish with colored coconut, if you wish.