Simple Homemade Doughnuts
How to Make Simple Homemade Doughnuts
- I used a regular pot, you may use a deep fryer etc. Pour in about 1 1/2 to 2 cups canola oil heat on medium heat.
- Place canned biscuits on a plate. I used a lid from a 20 oz. water bottle that I had washed. Take the lid and press into the centers of each biscuit on the plate. Twist to cut out ball shape.
- After cutting out the centers take the balls and gently drop them in the hot oil, they will brown in seconds. So keep an eye on them. After browning to your desired color, using tongs place them on a paper towel lined plate to drain off excess oil.
- I poured 1 cup of confectioners sugar in a gallon size ziploc baggie. Tossed in the doughnut centers and zipped bag shut, give it a little shake to coat the doughnut centers and then lay out onto a plate or dish. Then do the doughnuts the same way.
- I love cinnamon so after placing them on the plate I sprinkled a little cinnamon sugar on top. These so so cheap, simple, quick to make. I'm not sure how long they can be saved. I have ate them the next day but not sure of time length after that. Having 3 children we were lucky to have any left over for the next day.