1 stickunsalted butter
1 cgraham cracker crumbs
3/4 clight brown sugar, packed
6 ozsoft cream cheese
1/3 cpumpkin puree
2-1/2 tsppumpkin pie spice
2 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/2 cthick salted caramel sauce
How to Make SALTED CARAMEL SWIRLED PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS
- Preheat oven to 350.
Line an 8x8' baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on 2 sides, and spray with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, melt the butter.
Add the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt (optional).
Mix well with a fork to combine.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared pan, and use a spatula to pack the mixture firmly into the pan in an even, flat layer.
In a medium bowl, combine egg, cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, spice, and vanilla.
Whisk (or use a mixer) until smooth and ombined.
HINT: The softer the cream cheese, the easier the mixture comes together.
- Add the flour and mix just to incorporate.
Do not overmix.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
Top with caramel sauce .. swirled in a fanciful design.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is set with very little jiggle (some looseness is OK, but there should be no sloshing in the center.)
- Cool bars in pan for 1 hour before lifting out, using the foil overhang, and slicing.
HINT: They are best when served chilled.