Rocky Road Rice Krispies Treats
Recipe and photo adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 bag(s)
- (10 ounces) plus 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 c
- dutch-process cocoa
- 1/2 c
- almond butter or peanut butter or cashew butter
- 6 c
- rice krispies
- 1 c
- chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1 c
- mini chocolate chips
How to Make Rocky Road Rice Krispies Treats
- 1Melt the butter, the bag of marshmallows and cocoa together in a medium saucepan over low heat.
Once melted, stir in the almond butter and remove from heat.
- 2Stir in the Rice Krispies until they are evenly coated with the sauce.
Working quickly, stir in the remaining 2 cups marshmallows, nuts and mini chocolate chips, mixing as gently as possible.
- 3Pour the mixture into a greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan and press into an even layer.
Use the back of a greased wooden spoon to press down firmly over the surface of the treats to ensure that they are packed down tightly.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until set.
Cut into bars and serve.
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator (room temperator for softer, more gooey bars, refrigerator for firmer bars).