Roasted Banana Cupcakes
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2medium bananas, ripe but not overripe
1 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking soda
·pinch of salt
4 ozsemisweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 ccreamy peanut butter
1/3 cheavy whipping cream
1 Tbspcorn syrup
6 Tbspunsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
How to Make Roasted Banana Cupcakes
- Place bananas on a cookie sheet and place in a 350 degree preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes or until the skins turn black. Let cool. Peel the bananas, then cut into pieces. Set aside.
- Keeping the oven at 350 degrees, line two cupcake pans with 18 paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and oil until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, then beat in the banana pieces until smooth. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Fill cupcake liners about halfway full with the batter.
Bake 18-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate pieces and the peanut butter. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up the cream and corn syrup until just boiling. Turn off the heat and pour on top of the chocolate. Let sit a few minutes, then whisk the chocolate mixture until smooth. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, gradually beat the butter into the chocolate mixture, a tablespoon at a time, until smooth and shiny.
Pipe on top of cupcakes.
- If the frosting is too warm, chill in the refrigerator until firm enough. Ganache is designed to harden as it cools.