How to Make Pumpkin Custard
- Grease custard cups or baking dishes.
- Mix the milk, cream cheese, sugar, and honey in a saucepan. Heat slowly over low heat, stirring constantly until the honey is dissolved, taking care not to scald or curdle the mixture.
- In a small glass bowl, beat the eggs. Add a spoonful of the heated mixture to the eggs and mix. Then, pour the egg mixture into the saucepan with the other mixture.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in pumpkin, vanilla, and spices.
- Pour the mixture into custard cups, filling about three-quarters full. Bake at 350* in ramekins set in a pan with 1 inch of water for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled topped with sweetened whipped cream.