Peach Almond Trifle
- 7 c
- fresh peaches (frozen will work as well)
- 1 1/4 c
- sugar, divided
- 2 tsp
- loaf pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb
- cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
How to Make Peach Almond Trifle
- 1Combine the peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook just until the sugar is dissolved. You want to keep the bright color of the peaches, so don't over cook them. Take the pan off the heat and let cool; the mixture should thicken up a little as it cools.
- 2Beat the remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and light. Add the cream, almond and vanilla extracts, and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and the consistency of whipped cream.
- 3To assemble the trifle, spoon a layer of the cream mixture into a large trifle or glass bowl just to cover the bottom, maybe 1/4 of the mixture. Add half of the pound cake. Then layer about 1/2 of the peaches and juices. Then layer 1/3 of the almonds over the peaches. Place 1/2 of the cream mixture on top of the almonds. Layer everything one more time. You should have about 1/3 of the almonds and a little of the peaches left. To finish the trifle, spoon the remaining peaches on top of the cream layer and then sprinkle the almonds on top.
- 4Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.