Parke House Cinnamon Rolls
2 cmilk, scalded
1 ckaro syrup
2 pkgyeast in 1 cup extra warm water
4 cbrown sugar
1 stickbutter, room temperature
5 cpowdered sugar
3 ozcream cheese
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Parke House Cinnamon Rolls
- In large bowl, combine milk, 2 sticks margarine, salt and sugar. Mix well. Add eggs and yeast water. Stir in flour while mixing. Should be a firm dough.
- Flour a nice sized area surface and pour dough out onto it. Knead for about 10 minutes. Put back in mixing bowl.
- Let dough rise until almost double in size. Pour dough out and roll out into a rectangle shape about an inch and a half thick.
- Melt the remaining cube of margarine and mix with karo syrup. Pour on top of dough followed by brown sugar, then sprinkle on cinnamon.
- Roll dough from the edge into a long log. Cut the log into 3 inch pieces and place in oil sprayed pan.
☝I like using my cake pans.
☝Another thing I have found that works well is to use a piece of dental floss to cut the dough.
- Let rise to about double the size. Bake at 375゜for 20-25 minutes or until a nice golden brown.
- Remove from pans and place on rack. Let cool.
- For Frosting: Beat butter, vanilla, cream cheese, and milk together. Slowly pour in powder sugar.
Frost. Then... Enjoy!