Overnight Cherry Danish
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 pkgactive dry yeast (1/4 ounce each)
1/2 cwarm 2% milk (110-115 degrees)
6 call purpose flour
1 ccold butter, cubed
1 1/2 cwarm half and half cream(70-80 degrees)
1 can(s)cherry pie filling (21 ounces)
3 cpowdered sugar
2 Tbspbutter, softened
1/4 tspvanilla extract
4-5 Tbsphalf and half cream
How to Make Overnight Cherry Danish
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Add yeast mixture, cream, and egg yolks; stir until mixture forms a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Punch down dough and turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions.
- Roll each portion into an 18x4-in. rectangle; cut into 4x1-in. strips.
- Place two strips side by side; twist togehter. Shape into a ring and pinch ends together. Place 2-in apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. deep intentation in the center of each Danish. fill each wiht about 1 tablespoon pie filling.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pnas to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, beat powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, and enough cream to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over Danish.