Overnight Cherry Danish
- 2 pkg
- active dry yeast (1/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 c
- warm 2% milk (110-115 degrees)
- 6 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/3 c
- 2 tsp
- 1 c
- cold butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 c
- warm half and half cream(70-80 degrees)
- egg yolks
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling (21 ounces)
- 3 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 dash(es)
- 4-5 Tbsp
- half and half cream
How to Make Overnight Cherry Danish
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- 3Cut in butter until crumbly.
- 4Add yeast mixture, cream, and egg yolks; stir until mixture forms a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 5Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 6Punch down dough and turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into four portions.
- 7Roll each portion into an 18x4-in. rectangle; cut into 4x1-in. strips.
- 8Place two strips side by side; twist togehter. Shape into a ring and pinch ends together. Place 2-in apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining strips.
- 9Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. deep intentation in the center of each Danish. fill each wiht about 1 tablespoon pie filling.
- 11Bake 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pnas to wire racks to cool.
- 12For icing, beat powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, and enough cream to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over Danish.