Nancy Eckerty's Caramel Popcorn
- 1 gal
- of popped popcorn
- 2 stick
- unsalted butter
- 2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- white corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
How to Make Nancy Eckerty's Caramel Popcorn
- 1Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, except popcorn and baking soda, and bring to a boil; boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
- 2Remove pot from heat and add baking soda; stir and pour over popcorn.
- 3Spread popcorn out evenly in a large greased baking pan and bake in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir, or turn, 3 or 4 times during baking.
- 4When completely cool, store in an airtight container.