Lemonade Iced Tea Sorbet
Also I'd like to add that, to me, this tastes by far the best in the just churned soft serve stage. As a homemade sorbet it tends to become to icy when fully ripened.
- 2 c
- boiling water
- regular-sized english breakfast tea bags
- 3/4 c
- sugar or splenda (diabetic friendly with splenda)
- 3/4 c
- fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1 c
- ice water
- mint sprigs (optional)
How to Make Lemonade Iced Tea Sorbet
- 1Combine 2 cups boiling water and tea bags in a large bowl; steep 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Add sugar to tea mixture, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Cool completely. Stir in juice and 1 cup ice water; chill 1 hour.
- 2Pour tea mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 3Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.