Lemon Ginger Crunch Parfait
This also can be made several days ahead, just place some plastic wrap over them. You can also make a big bowl :))
*reserve some crust layer for the top as well.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The lemon filling is creamy, sweet, tart and delicious! It's fresh and very impressive. We included the candied ginger in the crust and it adds an extra punch of flavor. This crust is so good, you may consider using it with other recipes too. Yum!! The Test Kitchen
- 1 box
- ginger snap cookies
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/4 c
- candied ginger minced (this can be omitted)
- 1 1/4 c
- lemon juice (fresh is best)
- zest of two lemons
- 2 c
- egg yolks
- 1 c
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream 35%
- 1 c
- confectioners' sugar (icing sugar, powdered sugar)
- 2 tsp
- vanilla (or vanilla bean)
How to Make Lemon Ginger Crunch Parfait
- 1Crust: Place ginger cookies in a food processor and pulse until fine. Place in a bowl and add sugar and ground ginger. Mix. Add melted butter and press on the bottom of Parfait glasses (12 med size)
- 2Lemon Filling: In a bowl beat eggs and egg yolks together and set aside. In a sauce pan, stir lemon juice and sugar together and place on Med heat and bring to a boil while stirring. Remove the hot lemon from the heat and slowly add it the eggs whisking quickly to prevent eggs from scrambling. Place the mixture back on med. heat stirring till the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add lemon zest and butter a bit at a time mixing till all the butter in incorporated. Add lemon Extract. Cover and cool.
- 3Topping: Beat cream cheese on low speed add half of the sugar and increase the speed for a minute. Add extract and scrape down the side of the bowl. Beat for another minute and set aside. Whip Cream to thick and add the rest of the powdered sugar. Whip till thick. Add 1/3 of the whipped cream to the cheese mix folding it in.. Keep adding the whipped cream into the cream cheese till its all incorporated.
- 4Put the lemon on top of your crust layer then pipe on the cheese mixture. Garnish with a but of ginger cookie or candied ginger.