Gingerbread Marshmallow Crispy Treats
Cindi M Bauer
1 stickbutter or margarine
1/8 tsp.ground allspice
1/8 tsp.ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp.ground cloves
1/4 tsp.ground ginger
1 (10 oz.)bag gingerbread marshmallows
5 cupscrisp rice cereal
·holiday decorative sprinkles (red, green and white)
How to Make Gingerbread Marshmallow Crispy Treats
- Using a plastic sandwich bag, grease 1-(9x13-inch) baking pan with either butter, margarine. Set pan aside.
- Melt butter over low heat in a large Teflon coated pan.
- Add the spices and stir.
- Add the marshmallows, and stir until the marshmallows have melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove pan from the heat, then add the crisp rice cereal; stir until cereal is coated well with the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the marshmallow/cereal mixture into the baking pan.
- Using your hands, which have been coated with a bit of butter or margarine; gently press the mixture into the pan.
- Immediately sprinkle bars with some holiday candy sprinkles; gently patting sprinkles onto the bars.
- Let the bars set for a few hours before slicing them.
- I cut my bars large in size, as they weren't very thick bars, but you could cut them into (24) 2x2-inch squares.