Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats
To change things up I decided to do make them a little patriotic and did Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats.
I had seen the idea on Pinterest via Cookie Madness but wanted to make my layers a lot more vibrant. I was able to do that with the right food coloring, and I LOVE how they turned out!!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 crice krispies cereal
·food coloring (red and blue – i like betty crocker gel food colors because the colors are brighter)
How to Make Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats
- In a microwave safe bowl place 2 tlbs butter and 4 cups of marshmallows.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir. then microwave at 30 second intervals until marshmallows are melted.
- Add the blue food coloring (I used 1/4 to 1/3 tube of the food coloring to make the colors bright.
- Add 4 cups rice krispies and stir to coat.
- Press into a well greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Repeat for the next 2 layers, in this order blue first, white (is just regular and needs no food color), and then red.
- Pat down all layers really well using wax paper.
- Let set for a bit, then cut, serve and enjoy!