Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats
To change things up I decided to do make them a little patriotic and did Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats.
I had seen the idea on Pinterest via Cookie Madness but wanted to make my layers a lot more vibrant. I was able to do that with the right food coloring, and I LOVE how they turned out!!
- 12 c
- rice krispies cereal
- 2 pkg
- 6 Tbsp
- food coloring (red and blue – i like betty crocker gel food colors because the colors are brighter)
How to Make Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats
- 1In a microwave safe bowl place 2 tlbs butter and 4 cups of marshmallows.
- 2Microwave for 1 minute and stir. then microwave at 30 second intervals until marshmallows are melted.
- 3Add the blue food coloring (I used 1/4 to 1/3 tube of the food coloring to make the colors bright.
- 4Add 4 cups rice krispies and stir to coat.
- 5Press into a well greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- 6Repeat for the next 2 layers, in this order blue first, white (is just regular and needs no food color), and then red.
- 7Pat down all layers really well using wax paper.
- 8Let set for a bit, then cut, serve and enjoy!