2 csifted flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 csifted sugar
ADD FLAVORINGS AS DESIRED
3/4 cslivered almonds/chocolate chips
2 tspminced orange zest
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
How to Make Foolproof Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 333F
- Mix first three ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and eggs. Wisk 100 strokes until pale yellow in color.
- Working in 1/2 or 1/3 batches, fold flour mixture into the egg mixture using as FEW strokes as possible, Knead with your hands into one rough ball. Wet hands as necessary to help as the batter will be sticky.
- Split batter into two rough balls and place on a non-stick baking sheet pre-sprayed with PAM. With your hands, form into two loaves about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Bake the loaves at 333F for 36 minutes, rotating the pan after the first 18 minutes.
- Remove the loaves from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Move the loaves to a cutting board; cut diagonally 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- IF YOU WANT THEM HARD DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP: Place pieces back on baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Put pieces on wire rack to cool--keep pieces separate.
NOTE: BECASUE NO OIL OR BUTTER IS USED, THESE WILL KEEP FOR WEEKS!!!!!