Flan de Queso
How to Make Flan de Queso
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add 1 cup of sugar to a small pot on high heat.
- 2Once the sugar begins to caramelize add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and cook on medium high until liquid form.
- 3Coat the bottom and sides of an 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 in loaf pan with the caramel. Set aside.
- 4Pour the remaining ingredients in a blender. (You can use 3/4 of the 8 ounce block of cream cheese and 3/4 of the condensed milk).
- 5Liquefy. Taste mixture for sweetness. More condensed milk can be added for desired sweetness
- 6Pour mixture into caramelized pan and cover with foil.
- 7Put inside a 375 degree oven.
- 8Insert a butter knife in center of flan after an hour. A clean knife is a sign of doneness.
- 9Once done, set aside to completely cool.
- 10Once cool, remove foil
- 11Run a butter knife along the sides of pan to loosen the flan. Place a plate faced down on top and flip over