Flan de Queso
How to Make Flan de Queso
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add 1 cup of sugar to a small pot on high heat.
- Once the sugar begins to caramelize add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and cook on medium high until liquid form.
- Coat the bottom and sides of an 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 in loaf pan with the caramel. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining ingredients in a blender. (You can use 3/4 of the 8 ounce block of cream cheese and 3/4 of the condensed milk).
- Liquefy. Taste mixture for sweetness. More condensed milk can be added for desired sweetness
- Pour mixture into caramelized pan and cover with foil.
- Put inside a 375 degree oven.
- Insert a butter knife in center of flan after an hour. A clean knife is a sign of doneness.
- Once done, set aside to completely cool.
- Once cool, remove foil
- Run a butter knife along the sides of pan to loosen the flan. Place a plate faced down on top and flip over