Fast and Easy Baklava
Hint: To keep filo from drying out, place a damp towel over remaining filo while you work. When the filo sheets are larger than the pan you are using fold the excess over toward the center of the pan. It will make the dessert a bit thicker.
3/4 lbsweet butter
1 lbfilo dough
1 lbground nuts (walnuts or almonds)
1 Tbsprose water or orange zest
1/2 - 3/4 choney
How to Make Fast and Easy Baklava
- Melt 2/3 of a stick of butter in a 10x14-inch pan.
- Mix together nuts, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and rose water.
- Place 1/2 of the filo dough on butter and spread nut mixture evenly over filo. Pour 1 stick of melted butter over nut mixture. Place balance of filo over nut mixture.
- Melt the balance of butter (1 1/3 sticks) and pour over baklava evenly. Cut clear through into diamond shaped pieces to desired size.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until golden brown. Drizzle honey evenly over top after baking.