Chocolate Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping
Photo adapted from My Good Food.
- 3/4 c
- graham cracker crumbs (can use chocolate wafer crumbs)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 pkg
- (3 ounces) chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- unsweetened chocolate square
- 3 pkg
- (8 ounces) each cream cheese, softened
- egg yolks
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- egg whites
- 1 c
- sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping
- 1Crust: Mix crumbs, 1 tbsp. sugar and the butter.
Press into 9 inch spring form pan to which sides have been greased.
Press crumbs up sides of pan to within 1 inch from the top of pan.
- 2Combine pudding mix, 3/4 cup sugar and the milk in a saucepan.
Add chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until chocolate is melted and mixture comes to a full boil.
Remove from heat; cover surface with wax paper and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
Add egg yolks and beat well.
Blend in vanilla, salt and pudding.
Beat egg whites and fold into cheese mixture.
Pour into pan.
- 4Bake on lowest rack at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 5Topping: Blend sour cream and powdered sugar; spread on hot cheese cake.
Bake at 425 degrees another 2 minutes.