Cuisiniere Bannworth's Dark Chocolate Eggnog
This one is even better than the store bought. I used organic ingredients, but it isn't necessary. Pinch this recipe, and I guarantee a new family favorite.
1 1/2 csugar
1 Tbspfreshly grated nutmeg
3 1/2 cwhole milk
2 1/2 cheavy cream
1/2 cwhole milk
1/2 cdark chocolate chips
1 Tbspdark chocolate cocoa powder
1/2 crum, optional
1/2 cbrandy, optional
How to Make Cuisiniere Bannworth's Dark Chocolate Eggnog
- In a saucepan, heat vanilla, 1/2 c milk, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips on low. Whisk continually until chocolate is totally melted and combined. Set aside to cool.
- Take 12 yolks and add sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat until creamy.
- Add milk, cream, and vanilla. Continue to beat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Optionally add rum and brandy. Tailor to your taste.
- Chill before serving.