☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- butter (to coat baking dish)
- 4 large
- croissants (a great use of stale, day-old croissants)
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 large
- egg yolks, beaten
- 8 oz
- caramel sauce (i use the jarred caramel ice cream topping)
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
How to Make Croissant Bread Pudding
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9x9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- 2Cut the croissants in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half. Place the croissant pieces in the bottom of the buttered baking dish, overlapping the sides of the croissants.
- 3In a medium saucepan, scald the cream and sugar over low heat (heat the mixture just until it leaves a slight milky coat on the back of a spoon). Add the egg yolks, and mix just enough to blend well. Pour the mixture over the croissants. Let stand about 5 or 10 minutes (to allow the custard to thoroughly soak into the croissant pieces. Drizzle the caramel sauce on top of moist croissants.
- 4Bake at 350º for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the tops of the croissants are turning golden brown.
- 5Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes, or just enough to easily handle the pan. Cut and serve while still warm, topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.