Creamy Papaya Compote/ Papaya en Crema Dulce
1 largesemi ripe papaya, peeled, seeds removed cut in chunks
1 cbrown sugar
1 largeorange juiced
1 Tbsporange rind
1 Tbspgrand marnier
1 pkguse only 2 ounces honey and nut cream cheese
How to Make Creamy Papaya Compote/ Papaya en Crema Dulce
- In a large deep skillet melt the butter and add the cup of brown sugar. Melt the sugar in the butter. Stir the sugar mixture with a wooden spoon until it starts to bubble.
- Now lower the heat and add the orange rind and the orange juice. Carefully stir the mixture and let it start to slow boil. Add the 2 tsp rum and 1 tsp grand marnier continue to stir.
- Now add the cream cheese and with a wire balloon wisk start to stir vigorously until the cream cheese has been well incorporated into the mixture it should be nice and smooth and no lumps or bits of cheese should be seen.
- To this mixture add your cut pieces of papaya. and slowly mix so as to not break up the fruit. bathe the papaya with this mixture until all is coverd evenly. Lower the flame and cook for 4/5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Serve warm over pound cake or white angel food cake and vanilla ice cream.
This dessert was created by Connie any myself with the ingredients Jane had put in our basket.
Thank you Jane and the girls for the best time ever. LOL and Buen appetito
Shown above is a picture of the Papaya Compote dessert over vanilla ice cream and cake.